Buying a bike is simple, right? We know it can be a much more complicated purchase than it may seem. You just walk into the store, find the prettiest one, and pull out your credit card, right? We’ll walk you through how to make the important decisions.
- What type of bike? Gravel, endurance, racing
- What components do I want? Shimano, Sram, Campagnolo, Electronic
- The debate that makes friends stop talking to each other: Rim or Disc Brake?
- What frame material? How much do I want to lighten my wallet?
- Other considerations?
- What extra’s will I need?
What recommendations do Nick and Andrew have for the first bike you should buy?
For this week’s dream bike, Andrew shows that you don’t need to take out a second mortgage to get a quality road bike. Meet the Giant Contend AR3. For $1,300 USD, we feel this packs a serious punch for the money.
Support our ride to end cancer here.
If you would like to join us for our ride to end cancer in Columbus, OH, email us at rides(at)5339cycling.com to learn more.
If you enjoy this podcast, please consider supporting us on Patreon.